Preventive dental care is important for kids and adults alike. It’s especially vital to learn how to take care of teeth at a young age. In fact, preventive dental care for kids is just as important as dentistry treatment for adults. The most common mistake made by many parents is assuming their child’s teeth are in a poor condition simply because of their young age. However, kids are especially prone to cavities because they love to eat candies, drink juice, and eat other kinds of sugary delights.
By doing regular checkups with a dentist, kids will not only have healthy teeth but also establish healthy oral habits that they won’t give up when they grow up. Good oral hygiene keeps the kids’ smiles bright and shiny for many years to come. If you are looking for ways to keep your kid’s teeth healthy, here are several must-follow habits that will help you prevent plaque and cavities.
- Brushing teeth at least twice a day is vital. It’s preferable to choose a toothbrush with soft bristles. Besides cleaning the teeth gently, ensure that your kids also brushed the top surface of the tongue.
- Flossing between teeth at least once per day is also vital for good oral hygiene. This way they can remove plaque and food particles between the teeth.
- Your child’s diet is also important. Make sure that your kid doesn’t eat extra-sugary treats and has well-balanced nutrition.
- Visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and professional tooth cleaning.
- Ask your dentist about a professional mouthguard if your kids enjoy sports.
At My Tooth Fairy’s, we will keep your kid’s smile nice and healthy. Do you need a professional consultation or need urgent help? Contact us to book an appointment and we’ll gladly provide you with the needed help.